Spanish Cavalry

Spanish Peninsular war cavalry

Well it's been a while since painting new troops, that's because this winter I seemed to have concentrated on bringing my Advanced Squad Leader knowledge up to scratch following the purchase of some new modules. However, I acquired a while ago two units of cavalry in Tarleton, and the only troops I knew of who wore these were British light cavalry. At the time I didn't fancy more blue uniforms, so I hunted the internet for alternatives and up popped the Spanish Olivencia dragoons in a yellow or buff coat.


Perfect, and what a colour choice! Thus inspired I duly finished painting the unit over a weekend, got them based and 'flocked' ready to play. Actually they need a Spanish army to go with them, but for the immediate future they can support their British and Portuguese allies.



The colours used were Vallejo Model colour, only the codes are given below:

Horses - 873, highlight with 873 and white mix
Horses nose/mouth - 804
Tunic - 916 with facings in 817
Trousers - 992
Leather items - 818
Carbine - 846
Black highlights - 994

Figures as always are 6mm Adler



Comments